What is Uflexx?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shady Brook, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Can anyone give me info on what Uflexx is, and how it has performed for you?

Thanks

2. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

Uflexx is a stabilized nitrogen product where a combination of urea, a urease inhibitor (NBPT) and a nitrification inhibitor
    (dicyandiamide), which provides nitrogen over 6-8 weeks while reducing nitrogen loss due to leaching, volatilization and denitrification. I use it in a few blends.

Very resoanbly priced. Originally developed for agricultural programs. I would put it effective use as higher than coated products -- but less than your long chain ureas.

3. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

Uflexx is a stablized nitrate that contains NBPT and dicyandiamide like the other sulfur-coated ureas. It is not as prone to leaching as most and has a lower chance of burning. It is rated at 46-0-0 and is water soluble. I use it in combination with herbicides and not for fertilization so I can't comment on it's effectiveness in that respect.-Garth

4. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

Lonnie's Lawn put it much better ( and at almost the exact same time) than I.