1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is up with Bladerunner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johnhenry, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Ive notice bladerunner forum is gone here and some else posted that they are involved in a lawsuit.What happen with them?. I get so busy during this time of year that is is hard to keep up with the news here
  2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hey John,

Check out this thread.
  3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Ok I read the thread you mentioned and it didn’t say anything about what happened to them other then Sean asking a member to email him. What happened to the company?

4. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

Sued by Dixie Chopper. Thats what happens when you steal other peoples designs
  5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Thank you very much for the info.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Are they still in business
  7. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

Barely - they are built here in town. After ALL the chips fall they won't be around
  8. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

9. Don't make assumptions. lets see the cold hard facts. Do you have anything to back this up?

Or is it watercooler hearsay talk?
  10. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

What was there to sue about?

Lets list possibliities:

OCDC...not a issue with the Bladerunner
    Engines: Um..im pretty sure that manufacturers are free to use whichever engines they choose...
    Deck Design: I dont know enough about the patents on something like this to comment on it
    Drive system: Unless they copied the VTC design, how can you sue them? The use of dual hydro pumps/motors is prevalent in tons of applications, not only mowers so Im sure DC doesnt have a patent on that.
    Stainless Steel: Do I even need to comment?

So, flame away:angry: