what is up with echo 2 cycle oil?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by marcuslawnguy, May 28, 2009.

1. marcuslawnguy

marcuslawnguy LawnSite Member

I have all echo equipment and have always been told by the dealer to use echo oil. Well my problem is that it seems that every month and a half I got to take the muffler off my echo 265T and clean the exhaust port. Is this normal? I used 93 octane thinking that this would help the problem from the last cleaning, now I will go back to midgrade gas and use a different oil. I got to get a better oil that does not do this. Any suggestions of oils?

2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have been running echo oil in my stihl trimmer and blower for the past 2 years with no problems. i have also used stihl oil and its pretty good as well

3. kaferhaus

kaferhaus LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you running the Echo wide open? If not try running it wide open towards the end of the day. If that doesn't stop it then you have carb problems.

Nothing wrong with the Echo or Stihl oil. Both are top notch products.

4. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like it's running to rich. Are you using powerblend? are you mixing it right?

5. marcuslawnguy

yealp 2.6 ounces to 1 gallon of midgrade gas.

6. marcuslawnguy

yes I'm not afraid of running the 2 cycles wide open helps keep them cool and healthy. i don't do that 1/4 throttle mess lol:laugh:

7. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

then it's running too rich. Does it have the screws for carb adjustment?

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Were you using mid-grade gas before the 93 octane ?? The ECHO manuals clearly say to use mid-grade gas, not hi-test ... this might be part of the problem.

9. marcuslawnguy

I have always used midgrade but after going through this problem a couple of times i switched to premium hoping that is was just a gas issue. so at least I know it's not a gas issue.

10. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on Amsoil Saber Professional to see what guys are saying about it.:)