What is up with some sealcoaters

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by EWS, Jul 15, 2008.

1. EWS

EWS LawnSite Member

What is going on people. I just got a call from a potential customer he called me this morning he was located across the street from a job I did and wanted a price. I was going to give him a estimate and he called me and told me some guy was going to do it for 150.00 its about 2000 sq feet new pavement never been sealed. and it gets better the guy is gonna come back in 2 months and seal it again for free. hahaha some people I tell you give us all a bad name. I just dont get where some of the wannabees come from. Either do the job right or dont do it at all. Just anoter water down job with a plastic tank and trash pump.

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

So how do know it was a trash pump system, the way i look at it is you lost another customer. Without looking at it and guessing it was in good shape i would have quoted it at $300.00 anyway funny you posted this after the Loooogie thread was going on i'm sure you have been reading it, good luck on the next one maybe you can get there before the guy with the trash pump set-up. :laugh:

3. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss LawnSite Member

they will get theirs. low bid is almost never the best bid. sometimes it takes people a little while to figure that out. and by the way, i have never seen anyone with the plastic bag setup mix their sealer properly. unless 50-50 is proper.

4. DJ Contracting

I don't mix mine 50/50 this aint antifreeze this last tank i mixed up was 20 gals water to 85 gals sealer with 80 lbs sand doesn't sound like 50/50 to me. I believe my prices are with-in reason, i'm not low-ballin anybody and i know that i'm not driving down the market around here.

5. EWS

EWS LawnSite Member

too much water not enough sand. 3 lbs per gallon of sand and 20 gallons of water per 100 gallons of sealer

6. DJ Contracting

Hey thanks for the tip.