what is up with these lawn mower blades ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mowjoeman, May 16, 2004.

1. mowjoeman

mowjoeman LawnSite Member

Besides buying one of those expensive machines that sharpen lawnmower blades, is there any other way besides the grinding wheel with a 6" or 8" stone and taking presious time until it's sharp enough only to have to change it the next day or so? and do it to 4 sets!! is there any neat tips to sharpening these blades? and at $20 some odd dollars a pair too!!! Thats another question i've been meaning to post, where can i buy blades cheap? for a 1995 toro 620 42" cut ztr, there's only 2 mulching blades Thank God! there's not three i'd have to raise the prices for cuts. Any infomation would be greatly apreciated. I learned real quick to respect and avoid those things that chip and ruin the blades? i thought i heard somewhere that you can buy these blades for just a few bucks a peice? The local dealers are getting rich at these prices ! i don't have any problems with anyone making a few dollars but whats the story with lawn mower blades atleast commercial blades ? if anyone knows where i can order blades at a resonable price please post this info - Thanks Joe