1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is with these crazy phone calls!?!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by kc2006, Aug 4, 2006.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I got a phone call today while eatting lunch, it was my home phone not the business line. It was a nebraska call so it's most likely telemarketing. So the guy says "Is this kdc lawncare?" I answered no. I figured he called the home number so its not any customer or potential customer so I said no. He goes "Ok well I'll go **** myself, thanks" :confused: :confused: :confused:

What is with these crazy calls!?!?! Everytime someone calls my home number but thinks they're calling the business, its telemarketers. I'm thinking this is the same guy that keeps calling from some place out west that has "tool depot" type thing. He called about 2 months ago sounding like joe pescie and was coping an attitude with me when I said i didnt want it. Then I got a call the other day on my cell sounded like the same guy and he used the same saying "Heya kurt, remember the voice? Oh i didnt expect you would since your a busy man"

I just had to share though, that phone call was too funny!
  2. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what you get and deserve for going to those rediculous lawn care trade shows and filling out cards for free crap you dont need.
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

lol, too funny!

That guy from the "tool depot" or whatever has called me too, he's been with them forever i guess, think he called me the first time maybe 5 years ago! calls once a year or so... always acts like we talk all the tim and we are best buds and then tries to sell me a dozen rakes CHEAP (or whatever hes hocking that day). I hate people trying to sell this way, but I have to admit, that guy has surely got a good sales record.
  4. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

lol. twice a year at the dealership, i get a call from this guy touting the benefits of the amazing new goodyear air hose. NEW AND IMPROVED, blah, blah, blah. he always acts like it is brand new, but is the same thing he has been trying to sell for like 7 years now. i busted him on it the last time, was pretty funny. i could never do that for a living.
  5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

The bad thing is I never go to trade shows or anything! I think it was a magazine that I had to fill info out for and I accidently put my home number as my business number and oddly enough about a week later is when the bs calls started. Not going to say which one it is but we all know them very well.