What is wrong with my kohler in the dixie

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bdemir, Apr 13, 2000.

1. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys i think it is the fuel or something with the fuel filter because when i touched the f/filter when it was running the idle went up. I didnt notice it but that is what my worker said so i will try the filter first, then if it improves i will clean out those tanks. Thanks ADM, Lawnguy, Grassmaster, Eric and DMC. <p>I tried the switch and its not it but i will try all the small things first and then the major stuff. God Bless.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have to put in my latest experience with the Kohler 25hp. After having a similar type problem the mechanic found that the ciols were bad. Kohler has had problems with their coils and I had these coils replaced 2 years ago. This may not be your problem but you may want to check into it with a Kohler mechanic. Good Luck.

3. bdemir

What is a float bowl?

4. bdemir

Pulled out the seat switch added some oil greased the spindles and still doing it it seems to want to stop. I adjusted the carburator to be richer because that is what the manual said but ADM said too rich . I think its not rich enough correct. (t least thats what the manual says) The switch loock a litlle rusty but when it backfires i hear a thumping noiise like something blowing upwards into the turbo or maybe its the valves that are bad. Sorry for the headache its my second mower and i need it pretty bad.<br>