What is wrong with this guy?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jsw2008, Mar 20, 2008.

1. jsw2008

jsw2008 LawnSite Senior Member

I next door neighbor recently died of cancer and we didn't know she was sick until right at the end. She was very private and didn't want people to know. The husband of one of her friends mows lawns part time and started coming to mow (I would have done it, but like I said I didn't even know she was sick)
    Anyway this guy mows 4 feet into my lawn with the mower on the lowest setting and scalps the crap out of my lawn. I let it go the first 2 times he did it, but the third time I went out and nicely told him he was cutting too far over. He said "no problem" and I said thanks. I had my 3 year old in my arms and we went into my backyard to play. A few minutes later this guy comes through my back gate, walks up to me and my daughter and starts yelling at me for being a horrrible neighbor and not a Christian and if I was worth anything I would be mowing the yard because the lady was dying. And how could I worry about four feet of my lawn, etc, etc. Then he challenged me to a fight in the street. My daughter was scared to death and I was speechless.
    I waited a bit and decided that since the neighbor and husband were going through so much they didn't need the lawn guy fighting with me, so I sucked it up and went and told the lawn guy he was doing a good thing by mowing for them (even though I wanted to punch his teeth in) The whole time I telling him this, the lawn guy is saying how he's heard I was an SOB and hard to get along with even though he has never even met me. Just trying to get at me.
    Later that afternoon, I found out the neighbor lady and her husband both heard this and came up to me in tears because the were so embarrassed that this guy would do that. I felt so bad for them.
    Yesterday I was working in a yard not to far from where this lawn guy lives and he comes walking by and just stares at me and I just stare back. What is this dudes problem? What do you guys think?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Th guy is an idiot. He is obviously one of those type who are so far disappointed with their own self, that the only way they can compensate that feeing - even a little bit, is to have attitudes and problems with other people...sort of telling themselves that "everyone else is wrong....I'm right." In sort,...he is a loser...and probably always will be.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I think you should kill him with kindness. He obviously has a stick up his arse so just leave it be, not worth going to jail or ruining your reputation over some jack@ss. just my .02

4. jsw2008

What has really been bothering me is the fact that I don't think this guy ever knew that the neighbors even heard him. I want to tell him so bad that because he decided to be a big man dick that day that one the my neighbors last days on earth was unneccessarily unpleasant.

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

although you would like to tell him, it would probably start an altercation with the guy. what goes around comes around.. he will get his..

6. jsw2008

You're exactly right. I just don't understand some people.

7. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

you shoulda called the cops and reported it, that way if he does it again, especially coming in your yard you could:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: him real good.

8. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I agree 100%, you should have called the cops and I think you still should call them. Someone comes on MY property and threatens me he will quicklly find out why I take meds to control my very bad temper! Reading this post actually pizzed me off!:laugh: There is no since in being treated like a doormat by some azzhole.

9. jsw2008

You guys are probably right, but I was trying not to make to a bad situation worse by getting the cops involved.

10. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I understand, but sometimes a azz or bully needs to be taught a lesson. I am all for avoiding an altercation whenever possible but coming in your yard with your baby and acting like this is totally unacceptable!