what is you opinion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Todd's lawncare, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

The first business was a hauling and residual trash removal . It now is Todd's Hauling & lawn care . My question is ?
    Should i branch them off and make two different names and numbers and trucks for them . Or just leave it how it is ? And I'm not a jack of all trades but i can still do hauling and trash and scrap removal in the winter keeps money coming in so what is you opinion?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Which business is going to generate the most income for you?
    If you are going to keep one name which I think isn't a bad idea, which you should register at the state, you should put the main business first.
    Also although you didn't ask, I think a last name for a business looks shall I say more professional than just a first name. And once you nail down a name, stick with it, it's not a good idea to keep switching, you want name recognition.

3. Todd's lawncare

from P.A

It's Todd's Hauling now and its the registered as and the hauling part would be the more income part of it . Some say it looks bad to have this name and that name and you do this and that on the truck well the same truck. I guess what I'm getting at is two run two company's and have the headache of two licenses have two file two tax returns pretty much have to do everything two times instead of one.

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not call it something like....Todd's Property Services, or Todd's Residential Services. The put hauling and lawn care as a sub heading.

5. Todd's lawncare

from P.A

Thats a good idea thanks. But would that mean i also offer full service lawn care ?

6. Todd's lawncare

from P.A

No other input on this ?