1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is your #1 seller.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Jan 15, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

What is your #1 seller that you cross-sell to current customers besides mowing? I want to hear some results. My #1 sellers are landscaping maintenance (pruning shrubs and weeding/weed prevention of landscaping beds).

2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Fertilization, both lawn and shrubs. Ask one of your customers when the last time it was their shrubs were fertilized.
  3. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

spring clean ups and applications last yr.

but that was our first yr doing apps, this yr it will likely outsell all but mowing...
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Spring Tine raking (similar to but not true dethatching) Huge seller in the spring, followed by apps.
  5. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Core aeration, overseeding, tree pruning....etc. We only think of mowing as a way to get "in", not as a money maker. Mowing is secondary to everything else.
  6. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

I will go a little outside the topic, but on installation work, take some additional plant material. Make sure it is returnable. Most homeowners tend to go light on plant material but when you put it in place and say "well this is what it would look like" you can sell-in some additional material.
  7. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

1. Lawn & Shrub pest control, 2. Clean ups no one else wants.
  8. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn dethatching is HUGE for us in the spring...couldn't be easier on the Walkers either!
    Seems like everyone & there grandmother wants it if you offer it to them...
  9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I would have to say dethatching, then shrubs.
  10. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Dethatching, aeration, shrubs/hedges, mulch beds...in that order.