What is your average lawns per hour

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by eddings, Feb 9, 2007.

1. eddings

eddings LawnSite Member

How many lawns per hour do you average? Lawn size 1/4-1/3 acre lots. This assumes the houses are within a small distance of each other.
  2. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

If they are small and close together, my crew of myself and 3 other guys can knock at least 10 of them out an hour, with 2 guys on Z's, 2 guys trimming, and who ever gets done first does the blowing. Thats if they are all close to eachother with little movement from the truck. We service one development where we take care of every lawn but one, the guy rather do it himself. All the lawns are roughly 1 acre in size and we are in and out in roughly 3 hours. And thats doing 11 lawns, right next to eachother. Some take a little more some take a little less, it ends up being a very profitable stop cause the truck stops once for those 3 hours.
  3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

It all depends on the size of cut the deck has.
  4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Thats (1) property every (6) minutes..........even with (4) guys I would have to see it to believe it. That would also mean your crew could mow 80 properties in a (8) hour period.

Realistically a 2 person crew could service a 1/4 to 1/3 acre property every 15-20 minutes. I would guess the average would be somewhere around 4 or 5 per hour.
  5. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

Well if these properties are one next to another it can be done. If there is load and unload time then that goes out the window. I was figuring in a development setting where the truck parks once and the guys roll out and go right down the line. We have a few developments like this that are easy lawns. Its not hard to do a lawn in 6 minutes with 2 Z's going.
  6. wowmowwow

wowmowwow LawnSite Member

3 yards. solo or with two people
  7. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

my best hallin a** is 3 :weightlifter:
  8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I reserve 1:00 to 1:15 for each property. The shortest time to complete is 0:35, the longest is about 2:00. But, most require about 1:15 to finish.

This question is meaningless in terms of the general population of LCOs. It has great meaning for each one of us because it relates to what equipment we decide to buy, how we work, how we charge, expenses, market prices for the areas we work, etc. Everybody must reach their own level of productivity, their own level of pricing, their own level of investment, ... all for the goal of profitability.

What is the intent of the original question?
  9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

10 yards in an hour????? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!
  10. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

A good 4 man crew should finish a lawn in 10 minutes....1/4 acre. This has plenty of relevance for a business owner. It affects scheduling, employess, overall profit etc.