1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is your Best Advertising Technique???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Black95gt, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Black95gt

Black95gt LawnSite Member

What is everybodys best advertising technique whether it costs $10,000 or $5. And when is the best time of year to start this advertising??
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

do a great job!!!!! Word of mouth works great for us:D
  3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

outstanding work, attention to detail and a phone number on my truck
  4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

quality work, customer focus, good communication with customers, and magnetic signs...

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Word of mouth is the best and cheapest method, but you gotta have customers first to utilize word of mouth. Definitely, signs on your truck are great, and flyers are good for starting up.
  7. Black95gt

Black95gt LawnSite Member

Im in the process of trying to find a design for my truck. Other than that, i have made business cards and placed them in a couple of places thus far, but i am just starting out and is late in the season and dont have any customers yet. Would sending out flyers with a letter of intent to other lawn businesses be a good idea as far as them pawning off excess work to you? I hear of a lot of the small guys get more work than they can handle and they just keep new customers rolling in and have to turn them down.