What is your best investment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Finger, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

As the snow began to melt. I went out in my yard and opened the door to my new (used) enclosed trailer I got over the winter and all my large equipment was nice and dry.

I said to myself, "thank the Lord", this has been the best investment of last year. No more torn wet tarps, wind blowing them alway... ie dogs biting at them.

What are you guys wise investments of yester year or future wise investments?

2. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I think my Yellow Pages ad will be a very wise investment for me. Also, all the time I spend on this site is a VERY wise investment!

3. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

My best investment for my service has been time invested in prayer! In all honesty! God has truly blessed me with the resources I need and the knowledge I need to be successful. When it comes down to it, when I die, I won't take my mowers with me. And so I work dilligently right now and keep my business in the Lord's hands so that when I stand before him, I will know that I managed the business he gave to me for his glory. That is my greatest investment.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Best investment? My health...

5. topher924

topher924 LawnSite Member

PRAYER FOR ME ALSO

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

sometimes i really wonder about people.... ^^

best investment last year? a combination of the research and information here @ LS, which permitted me to make smart business decisions like my echo blower, gopher, advertising signs, etc.

this coming year my biggest investment will be a truck, all things permittin a gravely 260z

7. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Land. Bought a tract a few years ago for around 175k. It is worth over 600K now.

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

My house, yellow page add, exmark mower, and enclosed trailer. In that order, partially because I didnt receive the trailer yet.

9. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

So right! (knocking on wood)

10. Staying single !!!!!!!!!!!

Steve