1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What is your BEST way of adversiting? heres mine....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by georgialawn88, Feb 28, 2013.

1. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree totally. We haven't met the majority of our customers, never spoken to them and have no idea what they look like.

I've probably seen them in the grocery store for all I know...that's how it is in a digital age.

2. BWilson

BWilson LawnSite Member

We send out repedative mailers to targeted areas. It usually just has our company name and phone number, with "Call for a FREE Quote". Sometime's we'll add a coupon. We've received the best response from this so far.

3. mdubs

mdubs LawnSite Member

What is your rate on return? I am reading a book that says this is they way to do it.

4. BWilson

BWilson LawnSite Member

Hard to say the exact r/r. We actually have a local printing company do the mailer. We pay approx $1200 for 10,000 pieces to be distributed over a 3 month run. (That price includes printing and postage.) And if you can get another local business to go in on it with you, it lowers the cost waaay down.

5. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

THIS ^ is the reason i made this thread. thanks for posting your info. keepum coming.

luck is where opportunity meets preparation ;)

6. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

the best way of advertising for me is getting referrals from my existing clients to future clients. people talk. its probably the slowest, but its the most powerful. pretty much if your client talks to one of their friends about you, and they need a lawn guy, you are almost guaranteed the job.

long story short; do a good job each and every time at each and every yard you do, and the jobs will come to you.

7. Holleywood

Holleywood LawnSite Member

ive had the best luck with the door hanger method. i normally get about 10 calls for every 1000 put out

8. truenorthlandscaping

truenorthlandscaping LawnSite Member

Referral work, hands down, is the best. Sometimes slow, you never know when, but it's free. And it's the best paying work as well, chances are you're not being price shopped if it's a referral. If you have a large enough Client base referral work can account for 10-20% of your business. Also, if you're personable & likeable, call & ask Clients for business. Asking is free. Having a good 'findable' website helps a ton also. Tons of other methods also, what works for one may not work for another. That's why we're entrepreneurs right? We're creative & 'make it happen'. We're the people keeping this country going, creating jobs & spending money. My .02 cents.