What is your cutting season/

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ToddS, Dec 14, 2003.

1. ToddS

ToddS LawnSite Member

I know this depends on the region you are in, but in general when/if you have signed contracts how long does your cutting season generally last? I am in the Atlanta area and I figured from April 1-Nov 31. Don't know if I am way off on this. I am going by this season since I have only been here a year. Also, if you offer spring/fall cleanup when do you start this and how much do you charge? Again, I know this depends on your region and how large your accounts are. If you offer aeration, what do you charge? Lastly, what do you charge for bush/hedge trimming? I was told there is good $ in this service. Sorry for all the questions, but I have already learned alot form this site and just want to know more. Thanks

ToddS

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

usually on average April 15th to October 31st/November 15th.

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I issued my contracts from March 15 through November 15. This covers the entire time I would be willing to go out and mow if it was required. I know sometimes we still have snow on the ground in March, but this covers the entire season.

5. tiedeman

from earth

I should fix my answer...cutting season is between April to November, while pruning, spring cleanups, fall clean ups, starts around February 20th to December 5-15th.

6. goose

goose LawnSite Member

January 1 -Dec 31. A lot of accounts are 52 weeks.

7. tiedeman

from earth

I usually try to pace myself..I only work leap year

8. Lil' Cabrito

Lil' Cabrito LawnSite Member

Cmon all ya'll Texans, Let's see some replies on mowing seasons around here. For me it's march through november, then bi-weekly, except for the yards overseeded with rye and then it stays weekly for them.

9. Lil' Cabrito

Lil' Cabrito LawnSite Member

Are we all chicken or what? Let's see some replies from Texas:blob3:

10. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

Calmente Cabrito!
    Yep, we get weekly cuttings March to mid November, and can stretch it out w/ rye. We cut our rye biweekly though.

Happy holidays to all! Feliz Navidad! :waving: