What is your "Dead give-away?"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hoskm01, Aug 18, 2010.

1. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

At a site today, replacing diaphragm. Classic too much water syndrome here in AZ in Bermuda. Nutsedge. Easy to get, tough to get rid of. Sedgehammer will do the trick, over time. The sedge is the taller, greener, shinier plant, with bermuda underneath and a bit "bluer."

What is your dead giveaway of something in the landscape, where you are?

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

2. keepcuttin

keepcuttin LawnSite Member

Depends on the customer. If long time, i'll spray, if not I can refer... Not worth the hassle of being fined. I have seen more people spraying, applicating, that can't even tie there shoe without instructions............

3. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Dead give-away this year has been crabgrass. Indicates lack of water/ coverage. Tall fescue died in June/ July and crabgrass took over, literally. Are you working in PHX or visiting?

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

AZ for the duration...

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

What???????

6. CA Green

CA Green LawnSite Member

Probably not the response you're looking for, but idiots. HO's, fly by night gardeners, contractors who swear on Orbit products, and laid off laborers who think they know it all (no particular order obviously). They are the cause of their own demise that make me money. Anyone had a HO take a level to a palm tree??? Venting complete
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

Ill venture into things im not a "pro" at but spraying ferts & weed/bug spray I wont do.

I sprayed once at home and ended up tasting the stuff in my mouth somehow

8. CA Green

CA Green LawnSite Member

Here they can actually fine you for fert your neighbor's lawn. They'd have fun enforce it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

I mean I sprayed some weed spray in my own yard, Ive been asked by people to spray this or that they picked up from where ever and they laugh at me when I tell them I cant. Idk if that applies to otc lowes type sprays or not however not worth poisoning myself over or even worse a kid or someones 3k toy dog.

10. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

As CAGreen mentions here in CA you can't even fert without an applicators license. That includes your employees applying fert or herbicide on your own property.