What Is Your Dream?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JustMowIt, Oct 22, 2004.

1. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

There are all kinds of LCO's involved in LS, that are at different levels of the "game", which got me to wondering what each person's goals are for their business. What is the dream for your company? :)

2. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

My dream is to be the smartest person in the lawn care industry out of college. I want to have one of the biggest landscape outfits in the world, own a Lamborghini, and show everybody who turned me down,who i really am, thants my dream.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Well, I guess 10, 20, 30 years from now, I want to still enjoy the work. My overall goal is just to do well enough to make a nice living. Right now I'm finishing up my third season solo, looking to hire a helper next year and expand further after that.

I run across a lot of new ideas on LS, I might not take my business in the direction I first thought I would.

Oh yeah, and a Lamborghini would be nice too.

4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

My plan is to work 10 more years,then retire and spend more time with my family and less time with my employees...

5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

My goal would be to have enough work to handle the number of hours I can work in a week as well as to have a reliable base of clientel and hard working employees.

I dont need to make a billion dollars, just be sucessful.

6. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

My dream is to not have to work when I am 50. I am about to turn 38. I hope I can have good people that I don't have to babysit when I grow....

7. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Iam sure you guys wont like my idea since you bad mouth people that are like me but... I would like to have my company privately owned throughout a couple states or to have it a franchised co.
    Ok iam ready to be criticized now.

Jason

8. Tobruk79

Tobruk79 LawnSite Member
    from Fl

Right now, to go from 0-60 mowing accounts before the end of next year and quit my night job. Get my limited pesticide license, find a small fert and irrigation company to work with so I can compete with more rounded companies.

After that, once I have a better grasp of operating costs to expand as large as possible.

A couple of my other goals are to provide good enough service to build a positive reputation and a high word of mouth referal rate.

To be able to pay help better than my competitors and still make a fair profit.

It might be a rough start courtesy of the hurricane season but Ill get there...

9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

To make the top 100 list of landscaping companies right now you need 9.2 million in sales to be number 100. Glen Gate has that spot which I find a little amusing since they sent me a letter offering me a job 4 weeks back before I knew who they were.

10. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing wrong with that! I wish you lots of success.