what is your favorite insecticide.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rob.C, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

Just wanted to see what are everybodys favorite insecticide for lawns. Mine is talstar one, it kills fleas, ticks, ants spiders, it does kill mosquitos even no they are not listed on the label, it kills a variety of worms ect, ect.

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine is Ricicide cuz it controls Ric

The best , bar-none is Suspend SC .
    #2 Tempo SC

Way down here is any Bifenthrin product

3. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Talstar is a good one, Crosscheck too (same thing, different name). If you can stand the smell, Acephate is awesome. Also a big fan of hort oil and insecticidal soaps. Always had good luck with M-Pede soap. Kills bugs, including your armored scales. Mix a little Acephate in with it and it'll take out hard shell scales nicely. I like the soaps and oils cuz if you screw up and get covered in the stuff, you're still ok. M-Pede will just dry out your skin.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Gone but not forgotten is Diazinon that one time was labeled for Nematoes as well as Grubs control. It was the Best outside ant killer ever on the market.

Today I like Foolicide it controls AirHead Lice and Idioticide for control of Airhead cockroaches. Seems to be a bad outbreak of AirHead Cockroaches lately.

5. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

demand cs.............................

6. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

Onyx works almost to good, have to be careful with it or you kill all the guys as well. Merit 75 Wp is also top on my list.

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I'm with Ariz Pest Weed. Sounds like Ricicide is the best on product the market right now. It also controls name-calling and degradation of members.

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i just use a big hammer and charge by the hour :hammerhead:

9. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I hope allectus will be my new favorite, because i have just spent thousands of dollars on it. Time will tell?

10. seaweed

seaweed LawnSite Member

i've always had good results with talstar, i never could get long term results with suspend and tempo sc - had to keep applying it every 30 days or so.