What is your favorite preemergent herbicide?

Discussion in 'Lebanon Turf' started by Ray@LebanonTurf, Feb 24, 2005.

?

What is your favorite preemergent?

1. Team or Team Pro

7.3%
  2. Dimenson

58.5%
  3. Pendimethalin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Barricade

26.8%
  5. Ronstar

7.3%
  1. Ray@LebanonTurf

Ray@LebanonTurf LawnSite Member

Do you have a clear favorite preemergent chemistry or do you buy based on price? What products have performed well and which ones have let you down? What is your preemeergent strategy, single application, split applications. Do you prefer liquid or granular applications?

Please qualify your answer(s) by letting us know if you are managing warm season, cool season, or turf type tall fescue in the transition zone.

2. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

If Ronstar had a residential label -- i would be one happy man!

3. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Ronstar is the silver bullet for newly installed sod here in the South.

Does anyone have any idea why it has not been labeled for residential use?

4. Shawn Burns

Shawn Burns LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

I have used Dimension in the past, and it worked great on crabgrass, but i sprayed dandilions all summer.
    I have also used team pro, worked pretty good, but didn't have a long residual.
    I now use (and have been using for 4 years) Barricade and love it! I did find that the single app. for this area (central N.C.) does not last quite long enough, letting the crabgrass creep in by the middle of Aug..Now i follow my first app. of Barricade with a second app. of team which keeps the crab out for the whole season.

5. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I used dimension in the past but switched to barricade this year, too many break throughs last year with the single app of dimension

6. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

Thats the same thing we noticed with dimension in '02, phil and shawn.

Barricade's given us the best crabgrass AND broadleaf suppression for early to mid Spring, on our triple fescue lawns and burmuda grass lawns.

We like Lebanon's MESA 16-4-8 with 0.43% Barricade.
    We don't surge-growth with MESA.