Lawn Care Forum banner

What is your favorite tree?

5K views 50 replies 42 participants last post by  Planter 
#1 ·
What is your favorite tree or trees? Please list them.

Two trees I really like are Eastern Redbud and Weeping European Beech.

Regards,
Pete D

#4 ·
Betula ***** (River Birch) - when put in the right landasape it is very handsome

Catalpa speciosa (Eastern Catalpa) - manyhate it -- but I like its slow interesting growth habit!

Gingko Biloba (Ginkgo ) - unique leaves. Disease resistant

Cercis canadensis (Eastern redbud) Beautiful small tree. Old redbuds have the most character of any landscape tree.

====================

Worst Tree in the entire World? It would be a tie between the Bradford Pear nd the Silver Maple

#12 ·
In no particular order:

Eastern Redbud

Nordmann Fir

Pawpaw

Sourwood

Atlas Cedar

Himalayan Pine

#13 ·
I had 2 Bradford Pears in my front yard. Too much shade and break easy unless prunned.
I had 2 Corkscrew Willows. Diiiiirrrttty They do not work near a pool.
The lot across the street has a bunch of River Birches. Also a real Dirty, byut sturdy Tree.

I like the Cherry, Dogwoods, and Crape Murdles because they do none of the above.

#16 ·
I have many favorite trees and I guess I have to break them into categories since not one is a stand alone favorite tree.

Flowering: Weeping Cherry, Dogwood. Come to hate Redbuds
Shade Tree: Legacy sugar maple, 'October Glory' red maple, Purple Ash for it early leaf drop
Corner tree or speciman: Henry Hicks Magnolia 'Evergreen Sweetbay'
Evergreen: Norway spruce and Colorado spruce hate pines all
Wet shady areas: Sweet bay magnolia
Winter color decidious: Crabapple lots of berries
Patio tree: Honeylocost, have one over parents patio and nothing is better that sitting under it in the summer, filters the sun just the right amount.

Least favorites: Easy. Australian Scotch Pine, Bradford Pear, Silver Maple, Redbud 50 of 52 weeks a year, young Pin Oaks.

#20 ·
Thats a hard one. Hmmm... here's a few off the top of my head.

Weeping Blue Atlas Cedar
Weeping Cherry (snow fountain)
Bradford Pear
Dogwood (almost all varieties)
Japanese Maple

There's just too many. :cool:

#23 ·
Peach Tree... 1. customer pays you to plant 2. customer pays you to prune and protect. 3. customer gives you peaches 4. customer pays you to clean up leaves. 5. customer pays you to cut it down when they are fickle and want a pear tree. 6. I then take the wood cut and split it and sell it for firewood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.