What is your favorite ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snake1040, Feb 15, 2000.

1. snake1040

snake1040 LawnSite Member
    from fl

Looking to buy a new mower and decide what to get so I thought I would see what the people in the field are using not what the dealer tells me. I would like to know where you mow and what, what the mower is and why you like it.

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Snake,<br>Look at past posts on this subject.<br>Look at all posts, on just last 10 days.<br>EXMARK!

3. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

my vote goes to the bobcat 200. You get 61&quot; cut & 25 hp Kohler for $7000. It's similar to eaxmark & scag style, but with engineering improv. over the exmark.<br>Check out other posts for other info.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<p>

4. yardsmith

from Ohio

my vote goes to the bobcat 200. It's owned by Textron. You get 61&quot; cut & 25 hp Kohler for $7000. It's similar to eaxmark & scag style, but with engineering improv. over the exmark.<br>Check out other posts for other info.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

5. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Engineering improv. over the Exmark?! Please. Where? What one aspect is better? <p>If your shopping price, a Toro 62&quot; Z Master 23hp Kohler can be bought for 5800.00<br>

6. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

Hey Lazer, Is the Toro Zmaster a good mower? I am thinking of buying one. How much would a 48&quot;rider(or the nearest size to it)cost?

7. Lazer

It's the same as the Exmark w/ a Toro deck & different deck frame. (Uses different gas tanks, too)<p>I didn't think &quot;Toro&quot; had a 48&quot;, I thought they were 44&quot; and 52&quot;.

8. yardsmith

from Ohio

The bad part about the lazer is that the engine has a horiz. shaft, meaning the belts have to go from the engine, down towards the ground, & make a 90* turn to go under the mower & run all the deck pulleys & hydros. That means 2- 90* bends for every revolution of the belt, which means twice as much wear on the belts, & replacing them sooner. It also eats from your HP to do that extra work.<br>The bobcat has vertical shaft & all the pulleys are under the mower, running parallel with each other. More efficient design.<br>Also, lazers did not have oil coolers up until a year ago or so. That is why you were required/&quot;recommended&quot; to run synthetic oil.<br>Lazers have gotten better, But I still favor the bobcat or bunton. (my opinion from demo's).<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

9. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Smitty i just purchased a used dixie 60&quot; 22hp kohler for $3700. It has an oil and hydro cooler plus a turbo and has two hydro filters and two oil filters for the engine. It is also has the more efficient vertical shaft and I think it is a good mahcine.

10. Lazer

Lazers still don't have Hydro oil coolers and you HAVE to run Mobil 1 oil.