What is your highest annual gross single customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Mar 10, 2005.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious. Currently my largest account comes in at $26,000 gross a year. Second highest is just under $16,000 gross. Ive been bidding on several large mowing jobs this year much higher than my present and past. My largest bid out for this season is six figures. If I happen to get it, I will really need to add equipment & personell

2. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

what kind of accounts are these? How many people do you have working on them, how long does it take? Are you just commercial or do you do resedential? How many crews?

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Im solo but my biggest one pays me around $4000.00 per year and its just mowing.

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

$12,000 last year. Got a few bids out there this year in the $20-$25,000 range.

5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Commercial factory. I have five workers besides myself during the season running two mowing crews. The biggest generally takes us three hours to cut, but we fert, spray & trim bushes as well in the contract Outside that contract we also provide additional services like tree trimming, mulch applications and the last week we cleaned brush from their chain link fence surrounding their facility. The second largest account is a developer we mow several sub divisions for as well as bush hog and now are starting to do landscape installs for his homes he builds

6. Ecobjs

Ecobjs LawnSite Member

We had 2 big ones in 2004 (over 100k) one started at 8,000 a year, now years later we billed them last year at $108,500. Mowing, spray, landscape etc. Its a commerical account and they use to use several companies and now its just us! Good group of people too. I will say that it is not near the most profitable work we do, but it helps with cash flow.

The other big one we have was around 140K last year, but the profit just was not there, so we are cutting back to doing no more than 95k on that account this year, unless the profit changes.

I guess my point is to watch the profit margins not just the gross on these larger accounts. You may get them, but it might hurt more than help. But they do help build a company.

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

The highest 1 last season was 28k

8. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

We have two accounts that are billed annually $50k each. The largest one was $87k but has reduced their budgets over the last 2 years, but with enhancements included, we billed them a total of $90k. We are similar to eco, all commercial.

9. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm just curious, what is the point of asking this question? I'm not being argumentative, just curious.

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Solo, residentail, mow only, $5250