1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is your idea?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by 3day240sx, Feb 25, 2008.

1. 3day240sx

3day240sx LawnSite Member

I already have an idea of what I would do with this but I want to hear some other ideas. I got a call from a HO and the woman said I just want something that looks nice and is low low maintenance. Here is a picture of the bed:

So if you had free rain on this what would you put? This is in the memphis, tn area.

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

i dunno, obviously some goldthread cypress

barberries can be slow growers

throw in some china girl hollies on the side or for a more upright there is this cherry laurel thats upright....or just do a rhodie on each side, theyre slow growers

its run of the mill easy to take care of.... but if you want low or no maintenance you better get plastic stuff!!
  3. 3day240sx

3day240sx LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input and sounds like good ideas. I was thinking more brighter plants that would be white and yellow to brighten it up from the red brick. Anybody else got some ideas.