1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is your main avenue to advertise?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by zz4guy, May 13, 2008.

1. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering how some of you experienced guys advertise primarily? ie what you spend the most money on?

Newspaper ads
    Direct Mail
    Door Hangers
  2. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

Direct mail & Yellow Pages.
  3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

website, word of mouth, have name of company come up in the first five listings on search engines, and your local paper.
  4. hickslawns

hickslawns LawnSite Member

Can't put a price tag on exposure. Letter your trucks and trailers. They are constantly moving and people see them. Then make sure you are accessible in the phone books and internet so they can find you. When doing a search in your area if you see a business name come up and you have seen their trucks out and about you think 'Hey I've seen them around and now here they are popping up on the search engines' and you have never even seen their work. Works well for us. Unfortunately it also works well for fly-by-night crooks, but they tend to put themselves out of business. Word of mouth is the absolute best form of advertisement. Let your customers help you out by delivering what you sold them. Good luck.
  5. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

local paper&Direct mail
  6. rachael24

rachael24 LawnSite Member

Direct mail and the paper as well...

How Much Do You Spend In Direct Mailings
  8. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

We have 5 phone books here. How do you choose which one...:dizzy: I wish they would just go to one and charge more... At least you would then know people were keeping it...