What is your main mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by recycledsole, Sep 18, 2013.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Hey guys,
    I searched different terms but still couldn't find the results I am after.
    I am just wondering what you all use as your main machine?

I have some some 1/10- 1 acre accounts and im expanding and researching which mowers are best. Could be WB or ZTR.

I see a lot of guys around here running exmark ztrs.

thanks a lot!

2. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

52" v ride

3. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

52" scag wildcat then a 36" scag v ride. I would go look at a scag the turf tiger is the best big ztr in my opinion. I will be replacing my wildcat with a turf tiger in the near future. All scag's are great just don't get a freedom z that's the homeowner line. The v ride would be great for small to medium sized yards.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Wright 36"RH standers. DC and Scag for large areas.LB 22s. Hoping to replace everything with Ferris Evos next season. Yards are just too small around here to carry a big mower for two passes on the front yard then unload a smaller one to fit through the gate to do two more passes there. We waste a lot time in loading and unloading.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

What mower(s) are you running right now?

6. recycledsole

from MD

Im running 36" exmark metro and 21" Honda push mower. Basically just started last fall

7. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

52 inch wright stander. It's like a billy goat. I can hang the craziest hills no problem. It will out preform any z rider on hills which makes it the most versatile

8. recycledsole

from MD

all my accounts are residential I don't have any steep hills and don't plan for commercial

9. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

Almost every person on here will tell you that the brand they are using is suitable. There is no one correct answer. I will say this if I had no hills and no huge lots I'd probably go with a 48inch or a 52inch zero turn. Now a Scag Turf Tiger is the cream of the crop or maybe a Kubota ZD. I had the money this year and could have bought any one I wanted. I bought a Bad Boy Outlaw XP and a Bad Boy Stander for less than the price of either of the two mowers I mentioned. I basically bought two commercial mowers for the price of one Turf Tiger. I don't have to worry about durability. When the warranty is up I will be trading them in for new. The single most important thing I would look at is the quality of service you are going to get from your local dealer.

10. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Turf Tracer 48.
    Honda Hydro 21.
    Sold the 30 Exmark.
    Posted via Mobile Device