1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What is your main mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by recycledsole, Sep 18, 2013.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Kubozta zd 326 for me hehe. For me in your situation is buy a 52 inch 725d grasshopper if I wanted the cream of the crop. I'd also be looking at a 52 inch scag cheetah. I'd also look into the stander market.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

26" eXmark Metro and 36" Hustler Fastrak.
    About to get a 52" Great Dane Surfer, which will take alot of the load off of the Hustler.
  3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I use 72' 75% of time and 60'' 25%

I mow from 5k to 70acres
    On few the 5k jobs I'll use my 72''

Time is money way the market is I want the most production as I can get

Like today My son and I mowed 7 hrs and made $1200 from 11 lawns we used 2- 72'' mowers on 8 lawns and 1 60'' on the other 3. I haul 3 mowers on my trailer.
    I rather have a ZTR but there is times I wish I had a 50'' class WB on some jobs to change up the stripes. The Hustler Trimstar I like for a WB easy to run.

Brands You need pick what you like. What I like you might not.
  4. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Personally is buy a push mower, 32 wb, 52 stander, and a 72 ztr. I think those are the most bang for the buck.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. smokenjoe_10

smokenjoe_10 LawnSite Member

54in john deere x739 is my main backup is 48in toro grandstand
  6. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Take your gate sizes into consideration. The reason we originally went with 52 over 61 was because a 52 fits through most of our gates. This season we bought a Turf Tiger in 52 for the same reason. When we do our larger properties we just double team them with 2x52s.
  7. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

thanks everyone. the gates will hold me back on about half the properties, being about 40 inches, so my 36" is a must. I like the idea of a ztr because sitting down will allow me to relax a little more. landscaping is a very demanding job. yesterday I moved 30,000LBS of dirt by myself. it would be nice if I could just ride around on a mower for a few days a week at least!
  8. Billscaping

Billscaping LawnSite Member

I have and use a 36 scag and Honda hrx self propelled our yards in Phoenix aren't that huge for a 48 or 52,I have some half acre and 1 acre yards,scag em with no sulky
  9. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

I just bought a velke, let me recommend it to you billscaping. Its worth it and I have only cut 1 small yard . for an acre it will save you ALOT of energy.
  10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I carry three mowers.
    46" Lazer z, 48" walker ghs, 32" ferris hydrocut.
    Posted via Mobile Device