what is your minimum application charge?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Feb 28, 2008.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

In my area many of my lawns are between 4000 - 6000 sq ft. My current minimum charge is $35 for an application. After that I have been figuring around $6/1000 sq ft. Do you think that is right in line? I think that I may be on the low side. I recently quoted a lawn for $40 and he was paying $65(though I don't know what it was for).

I know that on this site noone wants to give out their pricing but I figured I would give it a try. I know that each market is different, but I have done 5 quotes in the past 2 weeks and got all of them. I don't want to leave money on the table so to speak. Any advice from the experts? If you need to PM me.

2. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

You would be leaving a lot on the table in my area. Our minimum is $53.00 up to 6k

3. CrownLawnSvc

CrownLawnSvc LawnSite Member

$40 is my min. I am starting to rethink that with fert prices going up.

4. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

i'm in line with you grassmaster, except i can't charge $6 for each additional K. Mine is $35 minimum, $4 per K over 5K, at best.

5. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

$45 is my minimum

5 step application plus a soil test (5 ferts, 1 preemergent, 3 spot spray broadleaves, comes out to $4.50 per 1000 sq. ft.

6. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

$39.00 in a six application program.