What is your niche and how do you market it?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Prolawnservice, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Any LCO's in highly competitive markets, what sets you apart from everyone else and how do you capitalize on this distinction? How well does your target market recognize your difference or specialization? What have you done to market your niche and what has worked best?

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Do a search on "how do you set yourself apart" I think you will find a couple of pagers at least.

3. Prolawnservice

Too many random topics with that search. Was my question too specific? I'm just wondering if anyone has a certain niche and how they advertise it?

4. the ace

the ace LawnSite Member
    from usa

I found my niche when getting estimates for my mom. She has a very small yard, under 2000 sq ft, I couldn't't get a bid under 30.00. For God sake the lawn only took me 15 minutes complete with edging, trimming, and blowing the walkways. That was when the bell went off, I started advertising that I specialize in small yards at a reasonable price. And thus my business was born, and to this day all the lco's are passing on a good thing just because they want to cut a 2000 sq ft lawn with a 52" mower!:drinkup:

5. Prolawnservice

That's great, so about what would you charge for a 2000 sq ft lawn and do you advertise you prices?