What is your oldest piece of equipment you still use semi/regularly?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Nutsedge, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Nutsedge

Nutsedge LawnSite Member
    from STL, MO

I acquired an ECHO PB-300E SN# 0011915 about 6 months ago from a buddy of mine I work with. He said it had been sitting in a barn of theirs for years after his father began having some issues with it starting. Likely caused by the addition of Ethanol to our local gasoline about 10 years ago. I cleaned up the outside housing/straps/etc, cleansed the fuel tank by emptying it of the burnt coffee looking petrol that was in it probably from 10+ years ago, then flushing it with fresh fuel 3-4 times till it came out as clean as it was when poured from my gas can, thoroughly scrubbed the plug that was in it till it looked almost brand new then added fuel mixed at the recommended 50:1 gas/oil ratio along with the recommended amount of Seafoam and Lucas upper cylinder lube. To my amazement it fired right up first pull!

After about 5 minutes of super thick smoke bellowing from the exhaust it ran without even the slightest bit of bug killing fumigation and has started first pull for me the past 6 months when used roughly twice a week this past season during lawn maintenance at my home.

I really like this piece of equipment and I use it pretty frequently too. So I thought it would be interesting to see what others had in their stable and the interesting (or not so interesting) stories that are connected to them!

Here's a pic I manipulated a bit on the redesigned Photobucket. I think it looks pretty cool!

[​IMG]

2. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I've got a few old IH cub cadet garden tractors that we use for plowing some small plots. They from from '62 to '71.

3. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

1999 Ferris walk behind's. 48" & 36" I use to 4 or 5 days a week.

4. Nutsedge

Nutsedge LawnSite Member
    from STL, MO

Have you had it since since new?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Nutsedge

Nutsedge LawnSite Member
    from STL, MO

Same to you, Have you had it since since new??
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

1941ish Ford Ferguson 9N

7. Nutsedge

Nutsedge LawnSite Member
    from STL, MO

That's really old. Maybe we should add what the last most detailed service was done to the machine? I'd sure like to know what it takes to keep a 70 yr old tractor going!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

My oldest piece of equipment I use daily would be me.:laugh:

9. Nutsedge

Nutsedge LawnSite Member
    from STL, MO

That's a good one! I know I don't keep the maintenance on that as good as I do some if my petrol powered equipment!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. IS500Z

IS500Z LawnSite Member

Well I agree about the me part unfortunately. My oldest piece of lawn care equipment would have to be a 2T Lawnboy brick head push mower that is around 40 years old. Still use it to trim and, occasionally, mow the whole lawn.