what is your opinion on yellowpages.com

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cecilianolandscaping, Jul 8, 2009.

1. cecilianolandscaping

cecilianolandscaping LawnSite Member
    from NJ

i begin this year with the yellowpages expecting to get calls everyday, so did the salesman said and then , i pay every month no matter what happends more then 250.00 and i havent gotten any calls this month? now it is a contractfor a year cant cancel it.. i have gotten calls but not what i expected.! wats ur opinion? does anybody have it>?

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yellowbooks is a PITA.... no one and I mean no one uses yellowbooks anymore.
    and the sales people there simply wont leave you alone

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You learned a hard lesson my friend. Every yellow phone book no matter what the phone provider name on the front usually has 6 pages of lawn care guys. The few people that use them go to the big full page ad or the first name on the list. Over priced and ineffective. Sorry guy.:usflag::usflag::usflag:

ericg likes this.
  4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I gotta agree with Patriot. Phone book is very expensive and not real effective in my opinion.

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had two YellowBook salespeople call me in the last month. They both said they saw me driving down the road and got the number off my truck. I believe it.

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Lettering on trucks and trailers have brought in a lot of business and the same goes for door hangers. I used to do a lot of yellow page advertising but have scaled back this year.

7. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Yellow pages = :hammerhead::cry::angry:

8. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Ask them what kind of truck u drive.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. chuckhopkins76

chuckhopkins76 LawnSite Member

I used yellow pages this year and all it gets is people calling looking for somebody to mow FREE or close to it or "CAN YOU COME AND MOW RIGHT NOW,BECAUSE I'M HAVING A PARTY AND NEEDING IT TO LOOK GOOD" SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

10. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

I am glad you pasted this. I thought the sales men at yellow pages were hired to only harass me lol