What is your record number of accounts for a year (no low ballers accepted!)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jedMeister, Apr 10, 2005.

1. jedMeister

jedMeister LawnSite Member

Im in my first year and have picked up many accounts, only because I know what im selling after 13 years in the biz. I went door to door , called property managers etc... And I DID NOT STEAL ANY ACCOUNTS FROM THE COMPANY I WORKED FOR. Just straight up selling.
    Just want to see how many accounts you all have picked this year alone and how many total.
    Also, what can a guy expect to net if his gross is about 100,000?.....

Had to ask cause Im a solo operater...soon to hire a worker or two.. thanks you all in advanced.

2. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

Me without any employees had 38 accounts for a while but not the whole season. That was too many for just me with a new Wheel Horse hydro lawn tractor with a 37" deck,, a Snapper 21" commercial and a Mcculloch 32cc trimmer. I couldn't keep up well enough. I wish I had had enough credit to have bought a zero turn rider of 52" to 60" and then a walk behind about 36" with a sulky. Then spent $50 on headphones so I could listen to music or talk or something. 94 could have been a much different year with a zero turn. That was in Rochester, Mn with way too many people competing for lawns and I wasn't making much money.

3. jedMeister

jedMeister LawnSite Member

Are you in the hudson area, because I just picked up a bunch of Best Buys in the metro area and I may need some snow plowing for these accounts if you do it. I know it is far off winter, but I'd like to have an idea early as to what im up against. I come from St. Cloud so it is a bit far for me to worry about plowing when I have about 40+ hours to do in my area for a 3+ inch snow.

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

most i ever had was 150 res, and 30 commercial

5. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

if i remember right, it was well over a 100, being cut weekly. me and 1 guy working.
    but that's nothing compared to the guys who have been around a long time. having to cut 350 - 400 houses a week is very common here.

6. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

72 clients right now.........
    last wk picked 5 more.................which will start wk of 4/10

hoping for 20 more new clients...................

see ya

7. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

142 Right now as we speek. Solo Op. here. Not a lowballer either. Just have good system to get that many done. Been in biz for 13 years.

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

oh, i didn't know it said no lowballers or scrubs... you can delete my post above.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Record numbers are nice but truthfully I take more meaning out of how many SQ. FT. of GREEN a company cuts along with the number of clients. Now that is my opinion, I'm not trying to hijack the thread just putting another spin on it.

10. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Be a sport,stick with the question at hand!No need jumping into something else and being a smart a$$ about your SF stuff.If you want to discuss that ........start a thread on it! :cool: