what is your tank sprayer calibrated for

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jeff_0, Mar 30, 2004.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

I wanted to know how many gallon(s) per k are your tank calibrated for?

2. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I bucket checked mine and timed it, it set at 2 gallons per min.

3. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

1.5 gal min per k

4. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

2 gal per min. We check most every morning.

5. 12 to 15 gal / acre

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

OK Tim

I guess no one else is brave enough to jump on this one. I will agree with 35 gallon 0.8 gal per K. is the highest rate you can go and still get total foliar absorption. Any thing higher and it goes into the ground. But 12 gallons per acre or 0.25 gallons per K is a little less than I want to try and spray. Now a boom sprayer might work great but they are not for every property. Hand spraying at this low a volume and high AI would cause me problems.

What works for me might not work for you and vice-verse. Now in my area we all try to spray 3 Gallon per K because of our insect factor. How ever many guys are now using Perm-A-Greens and they come set to spray right at 0.8 gallons. They seem to be working.

7. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

What are we spraying?
    Pre-em
    Fert?
    Post?
    Tank Mixes?
    Insect?
    What are we spraying?

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Russ

Good Question. In my case all the above plus more. The fact is I spray @ 5 gallon per K when many others in my area only Spray @ 3 Gallons per K. However I have a second Spot Spray tank for herbicides that is 1 gallon per K. Many of my chemical need watered in like insecticide and pre-emerge. Home owner don't always do it so I try and put down as mush water as I can afford to carry.

9. I'm spraying broadleaf control at 12 to 15 gal / acre, or .27 - .34gal/m

insecticide and fungicided sprayed at 1.5 gal/m, but I seldom apply these products

using a small boom

please note, the gregson-clark spreader-mate will deliver .3gal/m
    I don't own one either

10. D&V

D&V LawnSite Member

Ric,
    Could you clarify the rate that you put above for being the highest for foliar absorbtion. It says 35gal .8gal per K. How much per K did you mean? What peramaters do you go by in terms of fertilizers as to how much is too much and will burn? I have heard 12,000-15,000ppm, which would be about .5lb N per 10gal perK (I think it is around 13,000 ppm, forgot exactly what the math was). It seems like trying to get out a half pound of N with only 3 or 5 gallons per K would burn very easily, especially here if Florida. The company I work for uses a lot of water, 10 gal per K. I am trying to weigh the pros and cons of putting down so much water because I will soon be starting my own business.