What is your warranty for Brick / Block installs?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by CNYScapes, Feb 6, 2005.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

How many years warranty do you guys give on your paver and wall installations?

2. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

5 years for the warranty

3. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

never warranty any wall or patio. do you think concrete contractors warranty thier work ? no

4. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

5 years also. No warranty, good luck.

5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Exactly! Ours is 1 year .

6. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

5 years for us. We used to guarantee all hardscapes for 3 years, but last year we went to 5. If a job will last 3 years it most certainly will last 5, plus it is more appealing to the customer.

Chris

7. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey JKoopers, I just read your post in another thread regarding wall setback. It's probably a good thing that you don't give a warranty.

8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL! :D

Chris

9. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Hey good luck with your jobs with no warranties. It must be there are no other contractors in town to do the work if your building hundreds of them w/out one.
    I've worked for contractors who have done anywhere from 1,3,10, and one company I worked for had lifetime warranties on all stone work.

10. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

we warranty our walls and patios for one year. But if something does happen afterwards we usually take care of it. We also warranty plants for one year. I know that State of Michigan law says that if you buy plants then sell them or plant them you must warranty them for a year. I could be wrong on this but I think you must warranty hardscapes for one year too. Not 100 percent sure on hardscapes but I am 100 percent sure on the plants. I can not believe that there are customers out there willing to purchase work that is not warrantied. That is half my selling point. I always tell the customers that for our installed price they could barely buy the materials for that price, so they are better off having a proffesional do it since the materials and installation are warranited and obviously the job turns out better. If you are selling with no warranty you must not have much competition.