What is your work clothing?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mwalz, Apr 19, 2014.

1. BIRCH'S

BIRCH'S LawnSite Member

Grey cargo pants, Safety orange t-shirt with small logo on front and large on back.
    When I am just doing estimates ( Fridays) I wear Khaki cargo's with the t-shirt.
    I think I will order some dri-fit polo's next.

2. Budget Cuts Lawn Service

Budget Cuts Lawn Service LawnSite Member

For Mowing: Carharrt khaki dungaree pants (just like cargos but without all the huge pockets on the side to get caught on things), Gildan lime green safety shirt with logo and contact info on back, lightweight combat boots (hopefully upgrading to steel toe once these wear out), and a John Deere hat.
    For Giving Estimates: khaki dress pants, brown belt, golf or polo shirt with company logo (tucked in), and nice dress shoes.

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

In winter I wear Duluth fire hose pants or dickies with a company long sleeve tshirts and car hart coat. Usually have some Merrill hiking boots.

Summer is Duluth fire hose shorts and a wicking polo.

Anyone ever used those long sleeve fishing shirts? Like the Columbia pfg material? I'm a "ginger" and have thought about those to help keep the sun off. Worry about durability and sweat

4. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Me and my worker in our mowing ensembles. :weightlifter:

image.jpg

5. Lovett

Lovett LawnSite Member

I was at a yard sale and hanging on the fence were 5 pairs of brand new Red Kap Khaki work pants. They were my exact size 32 x 32. Priced at $2 each. They are super light and breathe easy. So for $10 I got a pair for every day of the week hopefully to last a few months.

We wear basic orange, not neon, company shirts and a hat that I call a flappy. It has a roll down piece of material to cover the back of your neck. It kind of reminds me of a Platypus tail.

Then I got some New Balance All Terrain shoes which seem to be great for general walking, especially on hills and slopes.

I wear a $5 pair of glasses that I got from Walmart and 3M earplugs.

That is about it. And I browse the boards always looking for other options to possibly switch to.

Brian

6. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Alabama

So not right Galli :laugh: