What is you're Highest $ made in the shortest time.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hartzog, Sep 7, 2007.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

For me it was 3 trees i took down by cabling to a 4x4 and pulled while my guy sawed.
    Time 48 Min's Billed and payed $800.00
    PS. I'm for real.

2. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Same here, but one tree and cabling to a 4x4 and leaving it lay. Homeowner does the rest they just wanted me to put it on the ground and not there house. 30 mins, most of the time was to gear up and climb to hook up cables.
    800.00$

3. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

10k in 10 hours knocking down trees after the Big October storm we had last october. That was a great day.

4. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

17K in 2 full long days...putting in a large paver area (square, not cuts...just laying laying laying.) Made a good chunck of change after material and overhead payup

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I guess to each their own, I see many a business owner doing just that, wild overbidding in between long stretches of marginal bids, and I just can't do it. I feel bad about ripping people off like that but then it burns me to no end to be someone's slave in between so I got all my stuff down to a systematic pricing scheme, it prevents under and over bidding to a large extent.

That's not to say I won't 2x and 4x the price for some credit risks and pia factors and I might give a small discount to someone I feel might make a good long-term customer, but I think $100 / hour is about the upper limit while my lower limit is 40-50, regardless of what anyone says I watch these guys busting it out in marginal times for far less, I would have to guess it all averages out in the end thou, same same.

It does, however, finally answer that question that's been bugging me the entire year (which has been slow), which is WHY the *&%^ every dang customer starts acting like I am to be their little slave boy and they just assume they can ride me and not to mention expects a far lower price and way more service for the money than usual during slow times. I still think the look on their face when this bronco bucks on them is priceless thou, and I hate to say it but nothing feels better than that automatic reflex hind leg kick to that punk who thought was going to have their way with me.

So I guess that's where one gets off, socks it to a few in between to make up for the bs, in this way I'm just as guilty thou I like to think I do things backwards, I find it best to always have the unexpected in store.

6. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

$3,800 with about 45 minutes worth of phone calls. Local utility company really screwed up a large irrigation system. Commercial client was pissed and wanted it fixed immediately. I made a call to another friend who does nothing but irrigation and asked him what it would take for him to be over there in the morning. He quoted a price I added my margin on it and got it approved. The facilty manager told me they had the utility service by the balls and to make some big money on it so I did.

7. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

jcthorne- So youre the reason my electric and water bills are so high!! haha

I like your style...nothing like being the intermediate:drinkup:

8. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

600$ in 2 hrs on a friday afternoon. They wanted there portch powerwashed for a party the nent day and called me at 2pm on a friday afternoon and i had alot going on. they asked how much i said 300/h

9. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

$6000 in 8 hours. Gotta love snow!

10. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

The other day I said, "David give me a dollar. I have 4 ones and I need five." and after a little back and forth over the denominations, I ended up with $60 in less than 1 minute!