what is???????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIDSOUTH, Oct 19, 2000.

1. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

what is the strongest backpack blower out there-i am going to buy another and i need info on strongest one,currently i have a br400 stihl-i like it but i want more power.what about the new red max-or shindaiwa?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

What you're looking for is a combination of CFM and MPH. All of these specs are without the tubes installed. They are at the housing since Shindaiwa and Redmax do not advertise "with the blower tubes installed" specs on their web sites. I suspect that the "with the blower tubes installed" specs would change these numbers quite a bit and not necessarily in Shindaiwa's and Redmax's favor which would explain why they don't advertise the numbers.

Here are the specs for a few blowers:

Stihl BR400 180-MPH 624-CFM *

Shindaiwa EB630 201-MPH 613-CFM

Redmax EB7000 204-MPH 730-CFM

Echo PB400E 175-MPH 590-CFM

*The Stihl BR400 does not include a MPH without the tubes installed.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I did recently purchase a Shindaiwa EB630 and it does have more power than my BR400.

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

don't forget to consider ease of operation, ie: handle controls, fast acceleration, and total weight.

GEO

5. Lawn Cruiser

Lawn Cruiser LawnSite Member

I have the Red Max EB6200 and as stated in there advertising on it and actually the new 7000 version which is quieter it's AWESOME.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

John deere has a 250 mhp backpack but it weighs more than the echo. Weight it vary important when you carry that thing for a few hours blowing leaves

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There is also the Echo PB600 that is even more powerful yet. This is the new version of the 6000, but they moved the throttle control from a handle & trigger on the tube (on the 6000) to a left handed throttle lever on a flexible rod. I prefer the tube/trigger handle myself, and there is a model (equal to PB6000) that has this setup I just purchased another one recently.

8. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

i bought the red max eb7000 today and it is the hardest blowing blower i have ever used-i like it

9. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Let me tell all of you, Husquavrna makes not only nice chainsaws, but the bt155 blower is awesome too

10. Scotty

Scotty LawnSite Member

WE use the Redmax EB6200 & 7000, both blowers are excellent. Throttle control is easy to use and these blowers start all the time. Very strong blowers.