What keeps you from using synthetic?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Mar 4, 2008.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering why some of you do not run synthetic oil in your trucks, mowers and 2-cycle equipment. Is it price? Afraid of change? Don't understand the benefits of synthetic oil? Maybe you hate your resident Amsoil sponsor:hammerhead:........I don't know. That is why I am asking. It seems many of you do use synthetic of some brand and would never go back to dino oil for many reasons. What I have not seen is reasons why anyone has chose to stay with dino except it's cheap. No one has mentioned any benefits of using dino oil in their equipment.

Everyone here is in business and wants to make good business decisions and make a little money at the end of the year and provide for our families. Taking a serious look at converting to synthetic oil is a good and wise business decision. Benefits include: cooler running temps, easier starting, quieter engines, less emissions, increased mpg in vehicles, less/no carbon build-up in 2-cycle equipment, oil that resists breakdown = no engine sludge plus other benefits. Sure, it costs more to go synthetic, but if it helps w/ fuel [/U]economy alone, how much more really is it? Not to mention, one oil change every 25,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes first. That is a huge money saver alone!!!!!!!!!

I have included the new commercial account pricing for Amsoil. Costs you nothing to sign and there are no minimums or quotas to meet. Please ask any questions.

http://www.amsoil.com/dealer/pricelists/g1020_0308.pdf

2. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

I use Castrol Syntec in my Trucks........It's available @ any walmart for about 20$ for 5 qts. Some times on sale for 16 or 17$....Tell me how Amsoil is that much better for me to switch to Amsoil and have to pay more, plus wait for it to be shipped when I need more.

Good job on trying to keep pushing your product........

3. woodbutcher44

woodbutcher44 LawnSite Member

I use synth 2-cycle. but in the 4 cycle engines truck included I change it long before it starts to break down. why waste the money when I change it long before the benifits would ever be seen .

4. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

i'll answer your question when you tell me what it takes to keep you from wasting my time with your sales pitches.

5. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i use the Castrol Syntec in my drag car .. for my mowers, truck and hand held power equipment reg oil is just fine

6. AmsoilPower

By doing this, aren't you throwin more $$$$$$$ away then if you just spent the extra dollars and enjoyed the full benefits?????????:confused:

7. AmsoilPower

Easy enough. Don't read them!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. echo8287

echo8287 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I've never used synthetic oil in any cars or equipment. I have given some to my nephew who requested it for Christmas for his fancy hot rod car. I guess I figured I would change my oil frequently(which I do) so a quality regular oil will do. I usually try to use Mobile 1, Castor oil, or Valvolene. In a 2 cycle doesn't Amsoil use a different ratio like 80/1 or 100/1. A couple of my guys would probably screw that up. I'd have to mix all the gas. I might give it a try in the future. I've read that if you buy enough the price isn't that much higher >right? And I can run it ALL 2 cycle equipment correct? . Why do you have to have a number of hours on the equipment before using synthetic? So the rings are sealed? I'd probably be more inclined to use it in the mowers, since I change all the oil in them myself. Can you go longer between oil changes or not? David

9. AmsoilPower

The general consensus is 80:1 is the best ratio and it can be used in all 2-cycle handhelds. With the commercial pricing all Amsoil products are very competitive with other brands. Case quantities and bulk are priced less than what I pay as a dealer. There is no need for a break-in period. Use it from the get go. The break-in theory is just that, especially w/ 2-cycle. There really isn't any extended drain intervals w/ mowers only because of the amount of dust & debris involved w/ mowing. The real benefits for mowers are no sludge build-up making for a cooler running engine = longer engine life.

10. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I think it's the high price tag that alot of people can't get over. I understand the value of it, but some people choke at $7-$8 a quart when you can get O'Reilly brand dino oil for $2/qt.