What kid of insurance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LARSON, Feb 28, 2001.

1. LARSON

LARSON LawnSite Member

What kind of insurance do I need to start?

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You will need a business insurance that covers any damage you might cause. We have a million coverage on this part of it. You also should get an Inland Marine policy to cover theft ect.

3. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Just had a review of our policy with my agent. We carry a 1M cap with a 2M umbrella on everything for a total of 3M. Better safe than sorry. No one sues for under 1M these days. We have insurance on all company trucks, equipment and hand tools.

If you have employees there is a new policy out. This policy will cover you if you get sued for unjust firing, age and race discrimination. Basicly anything a disgruntled former employee or even an applicant may try to sting you with. Very very expensive. 1.75% of total labor.

Rex

4. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Just had a review of our policy with my agent. We carry a 1M cap with a 2M umbrella on everything. Better safe than sorry. No one sues for under 1M these days. We have insurance on all company trucks, equipment and hand tools.

If you have employees there is a policy out. This policy will cover you if you get sued for unjust firing, age and race discrimination. Basicly anything a disgruntled former employee or even an applicant may try to sting you with. Very very expensive. 1.75% of total labor.

Rex