What kills Chamberbitter?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by smallstripesnc, Oct 25, 2013.

1. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

I have a property that has some chamberbitter and was curious what kills it? I can't find it labeled on any herbicides.

2. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Escalade II in cool season grass.

Celsius in warm season grass.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ALATURF

ALATURF LawnSite Member

Speedzone works great to.

4. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

smallstripes,
    You didn't dictate where you have it. In the lawn, herbicides stated above will work but in the beds, better hand pull it out and use freehand at the max rate.

5. smallstripesnc

Its in the lawn. I'm not very familiar with chamberbitter but from I have read its hard to control. There's quite a bit in the front yard. I was considering using nufarms cool power but speedzone red has some ester in it for cool weather killing. We've had frost here though but next week will be warming up some.

6. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

It's done for this year. You'll need a pre emergent for next year, possibly 3 applications, or you will have a lot more then. I put down two applications, but with all the rain it started coming up in August anyway. I don't usually see it until late June so I try to get a second application down just before then.

7. smallstripesnc

I was about to say I thought it would die after the first frost or so. Does a regular pre-emergent such as Dimension 2EW prevent it?