What kills dollar weeds?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lawn Masters, May 24, 2005.

1. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I'm working on some mulch beds around a number of palm trees, which happen to have dollarweeds growing everywhere, and I've tried dang close to everything short of soaking the things in gasoline and setting them alight. Please give me some ideas on how to get these stupid things out or kill em off.

2. Moonlight

Moonlight LawnSite Member

I use trimec 992 and surfactant. Wet until the point of runoff

3. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Well, if dollar weeds are anything akin to dollars, then the IRS should do the job nicely ... or just use a three way/trimec/triplet type of a chemical, mixed with surfactant, at the labelled rate.

4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you. I just hope they wont come back again after I try this. I'll call the IRS and see if they make housecalls for moneyweed removals LOL

5. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

If you have dollarweed you have a moisture problem (too much).

First thing to do is reduce the irrigation in that area. If it is a low lying area then you may be in trouble there.

In the bedding areas use Round Up Pro Or Prosecutor Pro and Reward.

Now I do not know what type turf you have but assuming it is St. Augustine types then you can use Atrizene. But it will still come back. Try to build up the turf in that area.