What kills (grass) faster than glyphosate?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Hustlin, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Hustlin

Hustlin LawnSite Member

I wonder if there is something that I can spray directly on a plant to kill (brown) it within a day or two. Roundup seems to take several days. Thanks.

And I don't have a pesticide license yet.
  2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

spray diquat or roundup with diquat at 8 oz per ounce of water and it will be dead brown tomorrow!
  3. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Mix Scythe with Roundup (directions on the Scythe label). Using Scythe alone may not give permanent control, as it is mainly just a contact herbicide. But Scythe enters the plant so quickly, I have seen weeds brown in 15 minutes on a hot day. Using the Scythe/Roundup combo, the Scythe helps the Roundup enter the plant. You get a quick knockdown from the Scythe, and a permanent control from the Roundup.

But Scythe really stinks, LOL! Very potent odor.
  4. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim, does Scythe volatilize on hot days?
  5. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

If the Scythe browns the plant that quickly does the Roundup actually have the time to enter the plant and kill the roots?
  6. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Manufacturers indicate that the Scythe doesn't hamper the control of round up, but I've heard incidents where full control wasn't gained with the combo.
  7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Never used Scythe but I;ve used Sahara which leaves a soil residue...does Scythe leave a soil residue?
  8. Hustlin

Hustlin LawnSite Member

Norm Al I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. Could you clarify it for me.

(spray diquat or roundup with diquat at 8 oz per ounce of water )?
  9. Chris Wagner

Chris Wagner LawnSite Senior Member

Try Misty Repco Kill III.

But do not spray into beds or let it drift. It will kill bushes, small trees, and stress some large trees. Best for patios, rocks, sidewalk cracks, or other areas where vegetation is not desired.

Browning in less than 8 hours.
  10. rubicacher

rubicacher LawnSite Member

Can of Gas & a Match