What kind of body is this 12fter?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Its all aluminum, appears to be a 12' landscape body. The owner was told its "half" the weight of the steel version, but in these pictures it appears the back of this EMPTY 06 f550 is sagging with nothing in it, could it just be the way the picture is taken? Its only got 13k miles on it.

I know the crysteel and Rugby unibody 12' landscape bodys are close to 10k, aluminum has to cost 14-15k then?

6d5d_4.JPG

7f6e_4.JPG

8662_4.JPG

86a9_4.JPG

6c45_4.JPG

2. Ramairfreak98ss

here are a few more

7ed4_4.JPG

7fc8_4.JPG

8016_4.JPG

37af_4.JPG

86a0_4.JPG

3. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a really nice body ! What is he asking for the truck ?

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That is a welding shop produced body you can tell its not mass produced so its well built. A dump body like that here would be easy 12 grand.

Aluminum truck bodies are nice they are not quite half the weight of steel but that body is probably 400-500lbs lighter than a steel equivilant.

Nice looking truck a truck it would probably sell around here for 35,000-40,000 if it has low miles on it.

5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow... thats a sick Stroker:cool2:

6. oakhillslandscaping

oakhillslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i like that ......A LOT

7. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

that looks like a transtar body there located out in califon,nj they def, make some nice bodies

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

he wants to get at least 40k for it, i talked to him a few days ago when i saw the truck on ebay and he said he has over 70 into it. it has heated leather also.

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Is transtar the company? The truck is used and from NJ so your probably right.

Thanks Picasso, i wasnt sure what he wanted or what the reserve was on it. Im guessing the boards could be taken out of the back. Im sure its well worth the 40k. Yet for 40k, id have to get my own financing, my 06 F350 has 7.9% and i doubt id get under 7.5% even today on this F550. Compared to the 60mo @ 2.9% that Ford offers on their new 08 F550s, it wouldnt really pay to buy something a couple years old even if it was this nice. The truck is awesome looking though, since all you ever see is XL trim trucks, when i find an xlt or lariat in something like this im glued to the screen until i read everything over :)

10. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

yeah you only save about 10 grand if that. i think i would take a brand new 6.4 over the 6.0 anyday.