what kind of boots do you wear?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Apr 3, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

just curious to see what you guys/girls are wearing? i usually buy a pair from wal-mart every season. i think they are ozark trail. anyway, i get those because they give me excellent traction on hills. dont have to worry about slipping. so, what are you wearing and why?
  2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Red Wing with inserts - Never had a pair that was not comfortable from the git go. I throw a little neats-foot oil on them now and then, and am in the 4th year with this pair.
  3. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I use $15 to $25 sneaker type footwear that I buy at my local Kmart. I like to rotate my shoes so that they get a chance to dry out from foot moisture. This lessens my chances of having fungal problems, like athlete's foot.

Next, I don't keep shoes very long. As soon as a shoe begins to hurt me, I'm done with it. Shoes last me a month or two.

There are so many things that can go wrong with feet, so I really try to take good care of mine. Especially since a big chunk of my income depends on my feet.

The support in shoes simply breaks down, so you guys should replace your work shoes often (in my opinion).
  4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

I wear dr martens industrial step in boots. Love them to death. Usually go through a pair a year.
  5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

6. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere workboots
  7. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

wal-mart brahmas very comfortable and last quite a bit...
  8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I wear timberland pro work boots for lawn care/landscaping, and I wear Ironage boots when I am doing construction etc
  9. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

got lawngrips this year...awesome boot and work well with my insurance policy..

No Bunk
  10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Ed, if your trying to take care of your feet, why would you cheap out on shoes from Kmart? I'd think if someone is wanting to take care of their feet, they would go to a foot doctor and have inserts made to fit.