What kind of CUSTOMER BASE do you have?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J MAN, Aug 24, 2000.

1. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

40% commercial
    40% high-end residential
    20% midclass residential

2. Part time with 14 accounts. 2 commercial accounts, 12 residential. Bidding on a big commercial account now for next year. I work solo most of the time, my wife helps when her work schedule allows. Always looking for more lawns to do.

3. Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman LawnSite Member

I only have 12 accounts but they are all commercial. Prices range from $500 a month to $3500 a month.Apartments mostly but a few car lots and retirement community.All are year round contracts so I make most of my profit in the winter.
    I will no longer submit bids for residential.We advertise as strictly commercial/industrial maitenance.

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We service year round residential and commercial mowing and plowing services, Two large schools with athletic fields, 5 large commercial acounts,2 condos and 15 to 20 residential. Walker mowers and an old Toro pro-line 52" w/behind that wont die. Looking too double in size now bidding on some larger condos and commercial buildings threw 6 real estate companys.

Ideal Landscaping
    Here in sunny but getting colder Maine (oh no fall clean-up is almost here)

5. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Full time / part time. 115 regular maint. accounts. These are about 60 %res and 40% comm. and include a couple of cemeteries (the largest is 9 acres). I have 3 part timers now. During the summer it was 2 full and one part time. I will probably down size if I can make it through the rest of this year. So the only new accounts I take on now are VERY profitable.

6. Getmow

from VA

Stone,
    The work is hard but there are never any complaints (from the residents). Actually with my fire house job I need flexability with scheduling. With the right chemicals the cemeteries can be very managable.
    i will keep the high money : man hour jobs , work about the same but pay fewer employess.

7. Getmow

from VA

A round up / surflan combo worked pretty good. I got 2 months out of it. Next year i will try a growth inhibitor all the turf.

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I put in 35 - 50 hours a week. I have %76 commercial and %24 residential. I wish I had started getting commercial lawns a long time ago. No grips from any of the customers, ever!

9. rosco2350

rosco2350 LawnSite Member

I have 15 residential lawns and plan on expanding after I graduate from High School. Mowing for part time pays for my car insurance and repairs. Also for more repairs on my lawn mowers. My customers think I do a great job and they always hope I come back to mow their yard next year. That is why I plan on mowing next year because I like mowing grass and making people happy.

10. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the offer but i'm pretty set on mowers for now. I want to buy a rider in the spring but I got 4 walkbehinds.

I know you realy want to sell that thing. If I here of anybody that wants it though I'll let you know.

I'm a Junior now, still got some time to serve. I get out early though cause of work study program.