What kind of equipment to get?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mch181, Aug 6, 2004.

1. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

First of all I would like to tell you that I DO NOT PERSONALY know much about a mowing buizz but I know that it is sopossed to be FUN!! I think I'm going to buy either a Gravely BD W/B (belt drive, hydro's too much$$$$!!) OR a BETTER QUICK 36. Could you help me chose? Also I already have a EHCO PB-603 (2003 model but I got it this year. Couldn't wait to get the new 620 cause they didn't come out till like a month ago!!!) I also have an EHCO SRM-210 (2003 model). And I have a Craftsman 6.5 hp honda 22" "finishing mower". I don't plan to spend over $2500!! You can email me @ CKingair351@aol.com THANKS!!
    :) :( :eek: :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused: :alien: :angel: :angry: :blob3: :blob2: :blob1: :blob4: :blush: :cry: :dizzy: :sleeping: :bday: :jester: :laugh: :pumpkin: :help: :waving: :realmad: :drinkup: :gunsfirin :nono: payup :cool2:
  2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Quick 36.............................
  3. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

If you can only spend $2,500 look at the Lesco 48 belt drive fixed deck $2,300 out the door. I have one they are 15 HP kawasiki motors on the 48 belt drive. Most others have a 13HP the more HP the better.:cool:
    The only problem I had with my mower is the fuel shut off on the 2003 is mounted on the bottom of the tank. It broke made a mess but I am changeing it over to a 2004 fuel tank and shut off it comes out the top. The new 2004 lesco mowers all have top mounted fuel shut offs.
    the Lesco stripes real nice and is easy to maintain.
    DO NOT get the lesco bagger I have it and it is anoying:mad: Get an Accelerator bagger everyone loves those. Next season I will get Accelerators and chuck the lesco baggers.
    I was at my dealer on friday thare is a big sale at the end of august. If you can spend a little more look at the Lesco fixed deck hydro 48 or 52. I think the 48 is $3,400. With the sale I think the 48 hydro is $3,000. If you can afford it get the hydro.
    I mowed 10 lawns last year (part time) this year I have 36. All the lawns have been done with my 48 belt drive. If you cant afford the 48 hydro get the 48 belt.
    Unless you have alot of small lawns with tight spaces a 36 is too small.
    pm me with whateaver decision you make and let me know how its working out. I will help if I can.:)
  4. Lawnboy112

Lawnboy112 LawnSite Member

Try looking into dixon. Tons of models. Great machines. Work like horses. www.dixon-ztr.com There the website, or go to www.dixonmowers.com same stuff no prices. Just my two cents. Good luck.
  5. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Look at Toro's also.My dealer was trying to sell me a 52" belt drive,floating deck for $2300.Same price he has the 44" deck for.
  6. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

NickN, was that 54in TORO used? or brand new? Cause I though they would sell that for alot more because TORO is a great company. Perfect machinery!!!!!!!1
  7. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

That was new.Wish I had that much laying around right now.Would love to have another mower,especially a large walk behind,but a newer work truck comes first.