What kind of fourms do you use to track money

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Dodge4x4, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Dodge4x4

Dodge4x4 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if you guys had any forums that you use to keep track of money spent and money earned by your business cause I am really trying to keep track of all my profits and money spent this year so i know where i need to improve to make more cash thanks.
  2. Quickbooks Pro
  3. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

For all this technology, and I'm 22, I honestly like to write everything down on paper. I have all my monthly bills on paper along with clients and money coming in. If I do any small spending at a gas station I just use my debit card to track it.

For invoicing I use zoho.com. I've tried using applications on my phone to track things but I'm lazier doing that then writing it down lol.
  4. djchiodo3

djchiodo3 LawnSite Senior Member

I have three credit cards for my business. One for gas only, one for equipment only, and one for supplies only. I pay the bills that come in with my business checking account. All checks that come in get deposited in business account and I pay my self through the business checking account. Not only do I see where the money is going monthly, but these cards send a yearly statement out as well. As mentioned, Quickbooks works great to keep track of your expenses. This system has worked for me and it is simple to do.