What kind of gas for should i run for a Fs-110x 4 mix

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DRBLawnBuster, Jun 18, 2009.

1. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster LawnSite Senior Member

i just bought a stihl fs-110x and its the new 4 mix what kind of gas should i run, like 50:1 like my stihl blower. Or can someone tell me the best to run in it

2. kaferhaus

kaferhaus LawnSite Bronze Member

They didn't give you a owners manual??????

89 octane in all Stihl equipment.

Read the manual, if you forgot to get one, go download it

3. DRBLawnBuster

i bought it used through my dealer they were selling it for some one it only had like 2 hours of use and was 100 dollars cheaper.

4. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using the Sthil synthethic oil in my FS90. Seems to be working fine. I use 93 octane though @ 50:1.

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I use 87 in mine and the white bottle oil and I have no problems.

6. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

I use Amsoil Saber at 80:1 w/ 89 gas. Don't run anything less than 89 and you'll be fine.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I use the same thing in my BR600 as WH401 uses. Shell 89 with Amsoil 80:1. One fuel, one oil and one ratio for everything. No mistakes that way.

8. DRBLawnBuster

so the 80:1 has more oil then the 50:1 or is it the opposite

9. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

When you run 80:1 you have less oil mixed in. The Stihl oil is good, but the Amsoil Saber is even better. You'll get better protection from the Amsoil Saber at 80:1 than you will from Stihl, or most any other comparable oil, at 50:1. The main reason I run it is the same reason Richard Martin does, you only have one ratio to deal with. That and the performance benefit is a big plus as well.

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

All my equipment is 50:1...80:1 is to lean for me...synthetic oil is still derived from dino oil...why take any chances. I have a friend on the forum that was using 80:1 Amsoil and he lunched the main bearind and scored the cylinder. I'll stick with Stihl oil in Stihl equip for no other reason then a warranty claim.
    Posted via Mobile Device