1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of hose nozzles?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JimMarshall, Dec 27, 2013.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW PA

Getting tired of cheap, leaky plastic hose nozzles.... What are you using, and where are you getting them from? I went to the cheap ones because the nice ones were always coming up missing..... Just think I am going to start shooting people who take them and nip that in the bud.:hammerhead:

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah get the metal ones.

3. Twinlakes

Twinlakes LawnSite Member

Nelson made/makes a firehouse hose type. It's black with a red handle and an infinite adjustable spray pattern.
    It's been dropped, thrown, stepped-on and best of all; laid in the sun for going on 5 yrs. now. Mainly, cause I can't get the dang thing off the hose!

Here's a pic if your still following:

image.jpg

4. Twinlakes

To date, no leaks either.

It's probably been discontinued due to the lack of replacement part sales associated.

Here's at an angle:

image.jpg

5. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

ive got a half acre with a 40x90 garden at back of it to which im always dragging a hose to , i water solely with hose to save water so im using nozzles alot . ive broke a bunch of them that cant take the dropping and dragging wear and always end up back to the simple sturdy old brass ones -

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-528-S...8&qid=1395586023&sr=8-48&keywords=hose+nozzle

===============================================
    ===============================================

6. Twinlakes

The one you linked to on Amazon was referred too as a SOLID brass unit. They made a direct reference to it in the title.

Buyer beware these days. Diligence is as easy as a magnet in your pocket. I.e. It looks like brass, but a magnet is sticking to it? Hmmm. Clad/coated?- not sure what the process is called. Magnets have never stuck to brass. It's not to say that an internal part or 2 isn't metal though. Costs just as much & lasts about a week!

If in question, buy from a big box store & return if unhappy.

7. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

8. JimMarshall

JimMarshall LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW PA

That looks NICE

9. seaviewer

seaviewer LawnSite Member

I've had good luck with standard brass nozzles that are two piece. The three piece nozzles will break. I pair the nozzle with a brass shutoff so I can adjust the pressure and quickly turn it off without having to spin the nozzle. With this method you have a wide variety of sprays and if you drop it on concrete nothing breaks.

10. ANT1093

ANT1093 LawnSite Member