What Kind of Lawn mower??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TimmyTheLawnGuy, Oct 16, 2004.

1. TimmyTheLawnGuy

TimmyTheLawnGuy LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I am going to start my own business next spring. I looked at the forums, talked to people in the business. What ever I here it just makes me want to do it more. I just have a few questions though.

1.What kind of lawn mower should I get? I have a Yazoo and it is around the age of 15. My dad said he would split the cost with me, on a new lawn mower. I just don’t know which brand.
    2.I see pictures of lawns, like dark green then a light green. How do you do that? Is it because I have an old mower, and it doesn’t put off a nice enough finish? Is it because it is really nice grass and it lies like that? Please tell me I need to know that, it has been bugging me for awhile now.

Please help me!

2. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey
    i run a bobcat 219 with a 19hp kawsaki on it with a 52in deck in my opion its the best mower for the money. Now the white and green stripes on the lawn is striping. i found the best way to get stripes is to keep your blades sharp and i also found if you go a little slower you will get a darker stripe.
    alex

3. Wreak

Wreak LawnSite Member

What is a good website to look at Bobcat mowers? I went to the Bobcat site and can't find them. I'll keep looking...off to google.com

4. Wreak

Wreak LawnSite Member

DOH found em right where they should be... on the bobcat site. LOL

www.bob-cat.com