What kind of markup do you charge for Sprinkler Parts?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by MowinginEureka, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

May be the "same" product, but the part number is different. Not all of HD products are made specifically for them. If you want the same product as you would get from a small distributor, then verify the part numbers are the same.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I actually did think of that. I started a thread in the Off Topic area (yeah, who posts there right?). There were a few factors that swayed me. Up front cost, my GF and I have never run out of hot water here but partly because it's a 50 gallon tank instead of 40, access for the tank is very limited as it is, he even had to take out a 1" gas line that ran directly in front of the tank - vertically, and we have hard water here at the house. I don't like drinking the water out of the faucet as it tastes odd. I read that hard water is rough on the tankless. I had two of the three plumbers advise against it. We really did consider it though.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=356426

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Off Topic forums are for losers :p

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like we both have a big "L" on our foreheads then ;)

5. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

We've got high calcium content in our water and I was worried about scale from it but so far we've been good. I think one of the advantages is that when the water is hot it's running so it doesn't get as much time for the mineral deposits to build up. I read the same stuff you did about them not liking hard water but we've been fine so far.

6. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

someone said it...but the monies not in the mark up, its in the labor......

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Do it right and it's in both.

8. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

yes sir.....thats what she said........

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Thats the way I see it. I worked for just labor in my framing days. Not bad money , but it has a ceiling. Although I suppose one could say this buss does too.